Saturday, June 23, 2012

Half Moon Manicure (Sinful Colors- Easy Going, Elf- Purple Pleaser, L.A. Colors Art Deco- Silver)

Today was day 18 of the 31 Day Challenge. I was feeling pretty confident going into this challenge because it seemed simple and fun. Well, it is, but since I had never tried it before, I did not know what method to use. I tried using the hole reinforcements method. They worked pretty well aside from them not laying well at the sides due to the nail walls. I fixed the missing polish at the sides by using a detail brush dipped into polish. Another problem I ran into was some sticky residue once I had taken it off (I think the reason for that is they must have been old). I tried removing the residue with a Q-Tip dipped in some rubbing alcohol, which helped a bit, but not enough to save this mani:

DSCN0147

I mean, I guess you don’t see all of the flaws in the picture(s), because of I used an Art Deco striper in Silver to cover the areas where the tape didn’t work so well. I think a thick topcoat also helped to hide the residue.

DSCN0154

The polish I used for my base/moon is Sinful Colors- Easy Going. The deep purple polish I used is Elf- Purple Pleaser, and I used L.A. Colors Art Deco- Silver for the silver line separating the moon from the rest.

I really liked the combination of the polishes; a light color for the moon looks nice with at darker polish for the rest. I will probably try to recreate this mani some other time and hope it turns out a little better.

Tomorrow’s nails are to the theme of galaxies. Yet again, I have never tried a galaxy manicure, so this shall be interesting!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this mani and you can't tell that you had problems with it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, and I'm glad you couldn't tell I had difficulties with it :)

      Delete