Saturday, September 1, 2012

Half Stripe Manicure

Boy have I missed blogging! The last post I made was about the Liebster Award, and the last nail post was over one week ago!

These nails were from a while ago, and I was stumped when thinking of something to paint on my nails. I decided to go to my copy of “The Wah Nails Book of Nail Art.” I went from page to page, trying to find something fast and easy to paint on my nails. I finally decided on the half stripe mani featured on page 26.

DSCN0847

DSCN0846

I used China Glaze – Electric Beat for my blue base. I then used a white striper to mark where I wanted my stripes to start. I filled in the areas I wanted white with Sally Hansen – Pure White Tip. Once the white dried I used a black striper to create the black stripes.

This mani actually looked better in person; in the photos you can see some smudging and air bubbles. In person, it looked nearly perfect!

I hope to get back to more frequent and constant posts soon. Please forgive me if I don’t! On the plus side- I have a lot of Halloween posts already on my files from last year, so you can expect double the nails in October! Unfortunately, you still have to wait a month for that!

4 comments:

  1. pretty pretty,
    such a nice change to the normal stripes!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    makes me want to get tons of strippers so badly > <

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! Having stripers on hand is always nice, but not necessary. You could just use a striper brush and use any polish you have. I buy most of my stripers from dollar stores :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous and daring, I've just love these stripes! I really don't care about the bubbles, this mani is awesome, anyway. Moreover, you're forgiven, never mind!
    ♥♥♥
    Rock Ur Nails!
    rockuroutfit.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like them! I'm also glad you can forgive me for sporadic posting!

      Delete